GTCC – Guilford Technical Community College: A Great Place To Complete Your Degree
The Mission of GTCC is:
“Guilford Technical Community College provides access to lifelong learning opportunities for personal growth, workforce productivity, and community service. It serves all segments of Guilford County’s diverse population, delivering quality educational programs and services, through partnerships with business, community groups, and other educational institutions.”
GTCC has many opportunities for students to complete a degree, certificate, or credential. The many and varied curriculum credit programs range from one semester to two years in length. Credentials are offered in Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, Associate in Fine Arts, Associate in Applied Science, Associate in General Education, diploma, and certificate programs. Some program such as the Associate in Arts (A.A.), Associate in Science (A.S.) and Associate in Fine Arts (A.F.A.) degree programs can be used to transfer to four year universities while some such as the Associate in Applied Science, Associate in General Education, Diploma, Certificate are intended as technical programs for entry level employment.
The career paths, training, and credentials available offer a wide variety of fields.
- Associate in Applied Science – Aviation Electronics Technology- teaches the skills needed to enter the avionics career field as a technician and preparation for the current avionics licensing agency examination with course work in general aviation maintenance, sheet metal, airframe systems, electrical and electronic systems, practical wiring, navigation equipment, flight management and flight control systems, flight line testing and troubleshooting, and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations.
- Associate of Applied Science – Culinary Arts- training for professionals in many food service settings including full service restaurants, hotels, resorts, clubs, catering operations, contract food service and health care facilities. Courses include sanitation/safety, baking, culinary fundamentals/production skills, nutrition, customer service, purchasing/cost control, and human resource management.
- Certificate in Hospital Billing & Coding prepares students to sit for the Certified Professional Coders-Hospital Exam (CPC-H) and teaches medical terminology and Code in a hospital or other inpatient facility.
- Associate of Applied Science in Engineering- for students interested in studying Mechanical or Civil Engineering at GTCC, earning an Associate of Science degree and transferring to North Carolina A&T State University to attain a bachelor’s degree. Classes such as Calculus, Physics, and Engineering are taught over four semesters to prepare for transfer to NC A&T.
- With multiple campuses across Guilford County and services such as Financial Aid and Academic Supports GTCC can meet many needs of students across the region. If you need assistance in identifying the right campus, services, aid, or program for you please contact us at Degree Matters! for help today.
- We can help you go back to college and complete your degree today!